Police are seeking a man who assaulted a woman after the two disagreed about the president of Syria during a classroom discussion at Milwaukee Area Technical College.
According to the police log, the 24-year-old victim stated that back in February a male student she didn't know came up to her in the hallway outside a classroom and asked her if she was for or against the Syrian government. The victim stated she did not answer the man and kept on walking.
On April 2 the woman stated she noticed the suspect in the hallway and tried to go out another exit to the parking lot. As she was walking the suspect grabbed her arm, and said to her in Arabic, "People like you should die. You don't know what good the president did for Syria."
The suspect is described as a white male in his mid-20s, approximately 5 feet 8 inches tall, weighing 200 pounds, with black hair in a ponytail, a full black beard and diagonal lines shaved through both eyebrows. He was last seen wearing a black sleeveless shirt and blue jeans. The suspect also has a tattoo of the Syrian flag on his right arm and a tattoo of the face of the Syrian president on his left arm.
MATC is reviewing video surveillance and police are investigating.
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in March
- This is how many shooting and bomb threats have been made in suburban Milwaukee schools since 2012 (3)
- Netflix Queue-and-A: Local officials discuss what they’re streaming about
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in February
- Newsroom leads the state in WNA contest
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in January
- Suburban Milwaukee election center 2016
- 2015 news, business and crime year in review in suburban Milwaukee
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in December
- A roundup of 2015 holiday events in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country