A 21-year-old Franklin man was arrested for possession of marijuana with intent to sell after police allegedly found 94.48 grams of the drug and $2,200 in his vehicle March 5.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The man was driving west on Burleigh and was stopped for speeding in the 12300 block about 1 a.m. March 5. A total of 64.99 grams of marijuana was found in a jar while the rest was stashed in four plastic bags. The cash was found in a sealed envelope.
Police said the value of the marijuana, could only be determined depending on the drug's quality which was not known at the time of the arrest.
Police also found a receipt in the car indicating that the man had been released Jan. 18 from Milwaukee County Jail, where he had been held after a drug possession arrest.
The only passenger in the vehicle, a 20-year-old Milwaukee woman, was arrested on a Glendale Police Department warrant.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Journal Sentinel investigative report:: Across Wisconsin, uneven property assessments fly in the face of fairness
- Man charged with drunken driving in crash that injured his family
- K-9 Officer Iron joins Mequon PD
- Homestead raising funds for facilities
- Ask Now: Why are there concrete slabs on North Avenue?
- Ask Now: How long will 124th Street be closed?
- West Allis residents may voice opinions on self-funded sewer lateral 'insurance'
- Brandtjen, Read discuss issues
- Early Learners' Class gets 2- and early 3-year-olds ready for school
- News and Notes: Oct. 16