The $29.9 million facilities referendum failed by a 65 to 35 percent margin in the Muskego-Norway School District in balloting today.
With 3,424 "no" votes against 1,849 "yes" votes, the referendum failed by an even larger margin in today's special election than the original $34 million referendum that was voted down last November.
Turnout was about 29 percent of registered voters.
School Board President Jim Schaefer said, "We respect the community's vote."
The elementary schools still have needs, though, and the School Board will meet to discuss where to go from here, Schaefer said. That discussion will likely start Nov. 21.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis police report: April 23, 2015 issue
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: April 23, 2015
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: April 23, 2015
- Greenfield police report: April 23, 2015 issue
- North Shore Police Reports: April 23, 2015
- Wauwatosa council considers resolution opposing UW cuts
- Brookfield committee discusses chicken ordinance specifics
- North Shore Legion Hall gets a makeover
- Wauwatosa approves athletic field renovation with increased costs
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 12-18