A plan to periodically change the location of the Waterbugs ski team ski jump on Little Muskego Lake took a little spill at last night's Muskego Public Safety Committee meeting.
The Waterbugs put on weekly ski shows in the summer and also use the jump for practice.
The city is exploring having different locations for the jump so that the same homeowners don't have to look at it year after year.
The Parks and Recreation Board suggested moving it near Holtz Island.
But in response, Tom Zagar, city conservation coordinator, said Holtz Island is in an environmentally sensitive area.
The Public Safety Committee will consult with the Parks Board to see what other possibilities there might be.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitefish Bay professor challenges Jim Ott
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 23, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 23, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville schools will pitch 4K program
- Germantown High School alumni wins gold at Warrior Games
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal (1)
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Brothers pave patio, walkway for veterans in Shorewood
- Cahill neighbors call foul on new field