St. Joseph Catholic School, S8930 St. Joseph Drive, in Big Bend will stay open after all, it was announced Friday.
Officials had notified families of St. Joseph School on Tuesday that the school would close at the end of the year.
The parish hall was filled on Thursday night with people looking for answers as to why the school was closing, and what could be done to save it. Many gave powerful, heartfelt testimony as to what the school has meant to them, their children and their grandchildren. At the end of the meeting, the decision to close the school was taken under advisement, with a definite answer to follow Friday.
The school will hold an open house Sunday from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. to launch a weeklong celebration of Catholic Schools Week.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Oct. 2
- Plans revived for a subdivision near a Muskego wildlife area
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Art crawl, awards lunch, health clinics and more
- Waukesha man accused of delivering drugs that caused overdose death
- Waukesha Police Report: Oct. 2, 2014 issue
- Waukesha lists curbside pickup and drop-off center times for leaves
- Spooky, isn't it: Halloween season kicks in Waukesha with Wisconsin Feargrounds
- Waukesha County budget avoids adding to tax bill
- Chinese restaurant owner brings new life to Waukesha shopping center