St. Joseph Catholic School, S8930 St. Joseph Drive, in Big Bend will stay open after all, it was announced Friday.
Officials had notified families of St. Joseph School on Tuesday that the school would close at the end of the year.
The parish hall was filled on Thursday night with people looking for answers as to why the school was closing, and what could be done to save it. Many gave powerful, heartfelt testimony as to what the school has meant to them, their children and their grandchildren. At the end of the meeting, the decision to close the school was taken under advisement, with a definite answer to follow Friday.
The school will hold an open house Sunday from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. to launch a weeklong celebration of Catholic Schools Week.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in October (2)
- A roundup of suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country road projects delayed due to cuts in state budget
- Special Report: Flooded with Questions: North Shore suburbs five years after 2010 floods
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Photo Essay: Faces of the 2015 Wisconsin State Fair
- In photos: Community marks three year anniversary of Sikh Temple shooting
- Juggling multiple new projects, Rick Springfield returns to Mequon for Gathering on the Green
- Oak Creek police report: July 9, 2015 issue
- Still in the picture: Pixologie continues to grow photo service
- Franklin police report: July 9, 2015 issue