St. Joseph Catholic School, S8930 St. Joseph Drive, in Big Bend will stay open after all, it was announced Friday.
Officials had notified families of St. Joseph School on Tuesday that the school would close at the end of the year.
The parish hall was filled on Thursday night with people looking for answers as to why the school was closing, and what could be done to save it. Many gave powerful, heartfelt testimony as to what the school has meant to them, their children and their grandchildren. At the end of the meeting, the decision to close the school was taken under advisement, with a definite answer to follow Friday.
The school will hold an open house Sunday from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. to launch a weeklong celebration of Catholic Schools Week.
- #BestSummerEverNOW: Share your 2016 summer photos of you in the Milwaukee suburbs
- 2016 Fourth of July events in the Milwaukee suburbs
- Roundup of 2016 Memorial Day events in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country
- Sink or Swim: One Franklin family's fight with rare bone cancer
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee in 2016
- Best Summer Ever in Suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in 2016
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in March
- This is how many shooting and bomb threats have been made in suburban Milwaukee schools since 2012 (3)
- Netflix Queue-and-A: Local officials discuss what they’re streaming about
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in February