Customers in the 53092 ZIP code will be asked their mailing address preference, Mequon or Thiensville, in a survey being mailed to all households.
The United States Postal Service database currently lists Thiensville as the actual city for the ZIP code, with Mequon the default city.
In September the city of Mequon asked the USPS to consider a change, making Mequon the actual city and Thiensville the default city.
Thiensville has gone on record as being opposed to the change.
Mail will continue to be delivered to all addresses in the ZIP code regardless of whether Mequon or Thiensville is written on the envelope, and the Post Office, located at 124 W. Freistadt Road, Thiensville, will continue to be the Thiensville Post Office.
Residents need to mark a box on a two-choice survey and return it in the self-addressed, postage-paid return envelope by Nov. 28.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brown Deer considering new civic buildings
- Select North Hills Plaza businesses allowed to reopen following March 9 building collapse
- Falls Village Board President candidates say they each would bring different experience to the role
- Franklin replaces old pedestrian bridge in Legend Park
- Marcus looking into exiting Corners project
- Elm Grove church irks residents with cell tower proposal
- Academy of Performing Arts to move its Franklin location
- Waukesha School Board candidates discuss Common Core, teacher compensation
- Nicolet School Board candidates tout dedication to education
- Wauwatosa East students reeling from teacher's sudden resignation