Customers in the 53092 ZIP code will be asked their mailing address preference, Mequon or Thiensville, in a survey being mailed to all households.
The United States Postal Service database currently lists Thiensville as the actual city for the ZIP code, with Mequon the default city.
In September the city of Mequon asked the USPS to consider a change, making Mequon the actual city and Thiensville the default city.
Thiensville has gone on record as being opposed to the change.
Mail will continue to be delivered to all addresses in the ZIP code regardless of whether Mequon or Thiensville is written on the envelope, and the Post Office, located at 124 W. Freistadt Road, Thiensville, will continue to be the Thiensville Post Office.
Residents need to mark a box on a two-choice survey and return it in the self-addressed, postage-paid return envelope by Nov. 28.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha man accused of downloading pornographic pictures of children
- Waukesha Police Report: Sept. 25, 2014 issue
- ProHealth lists Waukesha flu shot schedule
- City Administrator Ed Henschel says Waukesha is 'severely constrained' in 2015 budget
- Waukesha charter schools 'significantly exceeds expectations' on DPI's report cards
- Tree-lighting ceremony switch causing friction in downtown Waukesha
- In Our Schools: Sept. 25
- Correction: Volume of water possibly held by basins is 315 million gallons
- Cheveux brings fresh style to Wauwatosa's salon market
- Woman arrested in Wauwatosa for assault after allegedly punching a juvenile