Customers in the 53092 ZIP code will be asked their mailing address preference, Mequon or Thiensville, in a survey being mailed to all households.
The United States Postal Service database currently lists Thiensville as the actual city for the ZIP code, with Mequon the default city.
In September the city of Mequon asked the USPS to consider a change, making Mequon the actual city and Thiensville the default city.
Thiensville has gone on record as being opposed to the change.
Mail will continue to be delivered to all addresses in the ZIP code regardless of whether Mequon or Thiensville is written on the envelope, and the Post Office, located at 124 W. Freistadt Road, Thiensville, will continue to be the Thiensville Post Office.
Residents need to mark a box on a two-choice survey and return it in the self-addressed, postage-paid return envelope by Nov. 28.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- High court sides with railroad in Elm Grove collision
- North Avenue widening plans rankle residents
- In brief: July 24
- Protecting your vehicles and valuables
- 'Land fill' paves way for new lakefront road in Oak Creek
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 24
- More apartments inevitable in Brookfield
- Whitnall-rooted Saturday Detention has schooled itself musically