Burglars looking for alcohol made their way into Alioto's Restaurant by cutting a hole in the roof Monday.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
An employee found ceiling tiles over the bar in the restaurant, 3041 N. Mayfair Road, had been pushed down Nov. 6.
Later she found a large cooler had been moved, a hole in the drywall next to the wine cellar and prymarks on the door to a room where liquor is stored.
More ceiling tiles were found on the ground in the coat room, as were two bags containing tools and a folding ladder.
The beer cooler was broken into, but nothing seemed to be taken. Only a few bottles of wine coolers were missing.
Police believe the burglars set off the security alarm and left their tools and alcohol behind in a rush to get away.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Sept. 18
- In Brief: Sept. 18
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Sept. 18
- Wauwatosa West has 11 National Merit semifinalists; Tosa East shut out
- Franklin digs deeper into quarry issues
- Contaminated site revitalized for commercial ventures
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Will sidewalks remain after North Avenue is widened?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are the basins in the County Ground never filled with water?
- Customers struggle with the Nov. 5 store closing
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Sept.18