Burglars looking for alcohol made their way into Alioto's Restaurant by cutting a hole in the roof Monday.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
An employee found ceiling tiles over the bar in the restaurant, 3041 N. Mayfair Road, had been pushed down Nov. 6.
Later she found a large cooler had been moved, a hole in the drywall next to the wine cellar and prymarks on the door to a room where liquor is stored.
More ceiling tiles were found on the ground in the coat room, as were two bags containing tools and a folding ladder.
The beer cooler was broken into, but nothing seemed to be taken. Only a few bottles of wine coolers were missing.
Police believe the burglars set off the security alarm and left their tools and alcohol behind in a rush to get away.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New trash, recycle pickup policy in New Berlin on April 1
- Suburban bus services expands for Milwaukee workers
- Emerald Park landfill remains a classroom
- Menomonee Falls High School prepares for London visit in 2015
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Nov. 27
- South Shore police report: Nov. 27, 2014 issue
- Cudahy woman displayed Slovakian crafts at Holiday Folk Fair
- South Shore Community Calendar
- Menomonee Falls approves flat tax rate for 2015