Two men wanted for an armed robbery in Greenfield were nabbed driving through Wauwatosa last week.
According to police reports:
A Greenfield officer pulled over a vehicle that was riding on two flat tires at 9:49 p.m. Feb. 29. The driver, a 21-year-old Milwaukee man, had a red, swollen eye and said he had been robbed at gunpoint earlier that evening in an alley in the 3800 block of West Howard Avenue.
He had gone to his friend's home in that neighborhood to deliver drugs - Percocet pills and marijuana - to friends, a 22-year-old Greenfield man and a 23-year-old Milwaukee man. They all got into the victim's vehicle at which point the older man put a gun to his head and ordering him into the back of the vehicle. During the drive, the vehicle owner was struck with a pistol. Eventually, they ended up at the older man's Hawley Road home in Milwaukee and the victim was released.
He said he was driving erratically because he was so shaken and blew out the tires on a curb.
Meanwhile, the two friends borrowed the older man's mother's car and went into Wauwatosa to find a Redbox video rental machine. They were spotted in the 2300 block of Wauwatosa Avenue at 11:45 p.m. An officer called for help as he prepared for a high-risk traffic stop.
Meanwhile, the passenger, a 22-year-old Greenfield man, exited the vehicle and took off running. A Greenfield officer who had arrived at the scene with his police dog started to track the man. The driver, a 23-year-old Milwaukee man, was arrested at the scene.
Police soon received a call from Metcalfe's Market, 6700 W. State St., reporting a soaking wet man at the grocery store's front door. It was the suspect, who was shaking. He had been hiding out in the nearby creek and was showing signs of hypothermia, so he was taken to Froedtert Hospital.
- 2016 Fourth of July events in the Milwaukee suburbs
- Roundup of 2016 Memorial Day events in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country
- Sink or Swim: One Franklin family's fight with rare bone cancer
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Best Summer Ever in Suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in March
- This is how many shooting and bomb threats have been made in suburban Milwaukee schools since 2012 (3)
- Netflix Queue-and-A: Local officials discuss what they’re streaming about
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in February
- Newsroom leads the state in WNA contest